|Study location||Various - see programme structure below|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€15,000 per year
Available financial support is:
Students financial support is provided to a sub-set of enrolled students. No specific request is needed.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Application deadline is extended to 31st March 2022!
If you applied BY 1st March 2022, you will be evaluated along March and you will receive the offer in April. After 1st March your application will be frozen and we don’t consider any further modification and resubmission.
If you apply AFTER 1st March 2022, you will be evaluated along April and you will receive the offer in May. Please consider this in case you need to get a VISA for Europe.
IMORTANT: please check special university requirements, before applying!
IMPORTANT: your English certificate must be not older than 2 years (24 months) at 30th September 2022
Minimum certificate grade:
English proficiency tests are waived for applicants who:
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Your motivation letter must be at maximum 2 pages and it should point out :
To apply to the Master School, you are required to upload the following documents.
IMPORTANT: you need to submit a complete application package consisting of the following documents, in pdf and portrait format, before the application deadline.
Please notice that, from the moment you are admitted, your university will contact you to complete the formalities for enrolment and might request additional documents from you.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Applicants are responsible for their own VISA.
SPECIAL UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS
The Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing programme (DS) is a Master of Science level programme within the EIT Manufacturing (EITM) Master School. The EITM Master School is a highly prestigious Manufacturing Engineering and Science education provider on advanced level with a focus on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E). The education at EIT Manufacturing Master School combines technical competence with skills in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. EIT Manufacturing Master School students will be an elite group of forthcoming engineers, ICT experts, operators, innovators, and other relevant professionals.
The EIT Manufacturing Master School students will:
- improve their knowledge on up to date manufacturing innovation and learn
how to turn this knowledge into successful business;
- take part in events such as Summer Schools and Kick-offs;
- exchange ideas with business partners and researchers at Co-Locations Centres (CLC) and during internships;
- have access to renowned European research facilities;
- earn double degree and the EIT Manufacturing Certificate.
Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing is a combination of studying manufacturing science and Information and communication technology including the usage and adoption of advanced digital solutions and platforms. During the programme, students will gain new skills in these areas.
- Relevant fields of studies include modelling and simulation, virtual prototyping, service and system engineering, machine learning and data mining.
- Students learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems. Typical application areas of Data Science and AI for competitive manufacturing: Cyber-physical systems (CPS), Information system management, digital monitoring, digital security.
Students will have a solid background with well-founded scientific knowledge with a significant technical and application content, favouring immediate entrance to job market. Typical functions of a DS engineer and ICT expert include quality management, design and management of manufacturing processes, industrial installations as well as machine learning techniques, High-performance computing for data science.
A student who graduates from the Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing programme (DS) shall:
- have broad knowledge of theories and concepts in Cyber-physical systems (CPS), Information system management, digital monitoring, digital security.
- be able to critically, independently and creatively participate in strategic work to meet manufacturing-related problems and to be able to relate these measures to sustainable social development,
- be able to implement the gained engineering expertise to create new or improved methods, techniques, products, and services in the field;
- be able to think beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries to find innovative solutions to real-world problems and to come up with new ideas;
- be able to draw up plans and to make decisions foreseeing future consequences from a scientific, ethical, and societal perspective;
- be able to turn innovations in the area into feasible and successful business solutions;
- be able to profitably work in small size teams and contexts by taking into account all relevant elements and showing effective decision-making and leadership abilities.
The first year is spent at one university (entry) and second year at another (exit) university in two different European countries. There is a choice of 2 entry points and 1 exit point.
The following universities provide an entry year (first year):
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes (ECN), France
The following parties provide an exit year (second year):
- Università di Trento (UNITN), Italy
NB: EIT Manufacturing reserves the right to change the exit universities of this programme
The two years programme (120 ECTS) includes an Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) Module (30 ECTS) and a Technical Major Module (90 ECTS) structured as follows:
- 45 ECTS for Host Programme technical courses
- 15 ECTS for Host Programme AM specialization courses
- 30 ECTS for the I&E Module courses
- 30 ECTS for the Master thesis
Students are committed to collect a total of 40-50 ECTS related to the Technical Major and of 10-20 ECTS related to the I&E Module in the first year (60 ECTS total) whereas in the second year they are committed to collect 10-20 ECTS for the Technical Major, 10-20 ECTS for the I&E Module and 30 ECTS for the Master Thesis Project (60 ECTS total). The total of technical courses and specialization courses must be 60 ECTS, within the boundaries above. All Master School education will be held in English and all partner universities are assumed to use ECTS units.
NOTE: Each university can have, in addition to the general programme above, compulsory requirements for the student study plan, such us mandatory local language courses. You you will be informed by your university about this.
DEGREES and EIT Label Certificate
At the end of the EIT Manufacturing Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing programme (DS) of 120 ECTS, students will get two degrees from each entry and exit university. One degree will be in Engineering and a second degree will be in Information Technology (ICT), according to the following list:
- ECN: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, Smart and Connected Enterprise, Ecole Centrale de Nantes (Accréditation du bulletin officiel du 3 septembre 2017-Ministère de l’enseignement supérieur, de la recherche et de l’innovation) – 120 ECTS degree
- UNITN: Master of Science in Computer Science (Laurea Magistrale, Ordinamento 270/04, Classe di Laurea LM-18 – Informatica) – 120 ECTS degree
In addition to the National Accredited degrees, the students receive the EIT Label Certificate, documenting the EIT accreditation and high quality of the programme.
Manufacturing is struggling to find digital experts able to understand engineering production systems and to manage data to address technological and business challenges. With this programme you can boost your career becoming one of the few experts on the market.
Moreover, the EIT Manufacturing Master School will prepare you for high level technical positions, Innovation roles and business profiles, including the capability to create your own start-up. It will allow you to create a professional network at national and international level through the several initiatives and the EIT alumni communities.
The degrees also grant you the eligibility (120 ECTS degrees only) for post graduate doctoral studies, eventually to be done at EIT Manufacturing Doctoral School